As we age, there are many aspects of our physical body that change. Our immune system is one of those things. In light of the recent events, it is important to remain focused on taking care of our physical selves. There are several practices that you can take on to make sure you are staying healthy and happy.
10 Tips To Build Immunity With Age
- Wash your hands– any time you are potentially in high contact with germs, it is best practice to wash your hands.
- Get the flu shot– this vaccine could help your system fight off a deadly virus and can help your body develop bacteria that will keep you healthy.
- Reduce your stress– try to limit yourself from being exposed to things that make you worry.
- Eat well balanced meals– make sure you eat all your veggies! It is important to ensure that each meal is made with plenty of vitamins and nutrients that are good for your body.
- Stay active– Even if you are just walking around the neighborhood, do something active every day.
- Connect with others– Spend time socializing and talking to people you know or love.
- Stay hydrated– Water is a great way to keep your system clean and running well.
- Lessen your intake of alcohol– Too much drinking could make you vulnerable to infection in your body.
- Get good rest– Not enough sleep could mean that your body is underprepared for fighting off anything that may make you sick.
- Quit smoking– Not only does smoking hinder your ability to fight off known viruses, but you also could become more susceptible to other health issues.
These 10 habits can really help you to stay healthy. There are many steps you can take to make sure your body is in tip top shape. At Orchard at Brookhaven, our residents’ health is one of our top priorities. We pride ourselves in being able to provide an environment that fosters a healthy mind, body and spirit. If you would like more information on the programs we have to offer, please contact us.