Updates from Orchard at Athens regarding COVID-19
Since the Coronavirus outbreak, we are following the CDC recommendations for healthcare facilities and staying informed through their Health Alert Network. We have increased our standard inventory of personal protective equipment (PPE), emergency food and water supplies and disinfecting cleaning products.
Part of the CDC recommendations is to ensure all our residents, families, visitors and Orchard team members are well informed and practice healthy habits to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses. Attached is our best practices for prevention flyer for cold and flu season amended with information regarding the Coronavirus.
It is critical for the safety of our community that everyone follow the CDC recommendations regarding this outbreak.
The following procedures have been implemented:
- All resident excursions have been cancelled. Transportation for medical appointments will be determined on an individual basis
- All residents and staff are being tested for fever daily and assessed for any signs of illness
- Residents exhibiting any signs of illness will be supported in their apartments
- Residents are dining in their apartments and large group activities have been canceled
- We will continue to assess all residents’ health status.
Currently the only people permitted in the community are as follows:
- Orchard team members
- Medical professionals
- Private duty care providers (people that assist with activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing, toileting) and do not work at any other community or private home
- We are organizing video chats and calls for family members to communicate with their loved ones
- All residents scheduled to move into a community or returning from a local health care facility will be screened according to CDC guidelines.
We will continue to provide regular updates on any changes in operation at the community.
Resources to keep you updated: